Yesterday I learned my sister has a solid grasp of time in relation to weekdays.
My car battery was dead, so I asked my dad to come jump it for me. Since I had to leave my car on for a while I decided I might as well drive home and eat.
I arrived at the same time as my dad, so when my sister opened the door expecting to see just my dad, she flashed a look of genuine surprise and delight before putting on her exaggerated "surprise face".
After I took my coat off she stood at my side and starred up at me with a wide smile. "Whatcha doing Jill?" I asked. "Nothing" she beamed. Now, at this point I knew I shouldn't tell her my plan to have a special day with her because she doesn't have a perfect concept of time and will only talk nonstop about it until it happens, but I couldn't resit. I was just too excited. "I think over break, you and I should have a Minecraft day! We can build a big pillow bed and get a special snack at Hyvee in the morning!" I said. She sputtered a triumphant "YES" before a perplexed look halted onto her face. "Oh but...my wallet" she said sadly, implying she didn't have any money. I joked, "Oh don't worry we can use mom and dad's credit card" She instantly smiled again and started making hilarious gestures and phrases about spending money that she must have heard from movies. To try and avoid her asking about it everyday, I said that we would do it on Saturday. To my utter surprise she glanced towards the calendar and said smoothly, "Oh Thursday, Friday, Saturday! That's three days away"!
Wow. Well I guess I'll see you Saturday then Jill!
No comments:
Post a Comment